Ruby Red Beet and Walnut Salad with Gorgonzola
- Yield 2 servings
Beautiful ruby beets are loaded with flavor and sweetness.
It's worth getting walnut oil and raspberry vinegar for this recipe, but olive oil and balsamic vinegar can be substituted.
- 2 medium beets, washed well and peeled, grated with a hand grater
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- Salt and fresh-ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups arugula or field greens
- 1/4 cup crumbled gogonzola or blue cheese
- 1/4 cup walnuts or pecans, lightly toasted*
- In a nonreactive mixing bowl, combine grated beets, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Place a small bed of arugula or field greens on 2 plates. Top with beets, sprinkle with cheese and walnuts; serve. Makes 2 servings.
*To toast nuts: Place on a baking dish in a preheated 375Foven for about 10 minutes until aromatic and lightly browned