Ruby Grapefruit and Avocado Salad
- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 0 mins
- Citrus-Champagne Vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grapefruit juice (from sectioning the grapefruit for salad)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 tablespoons walnut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large head butter lettuce, washed, dried, broken up into large leaves
- 2 avocados, sliced, dipped in lime juice
- 2 ruby grapefruit, sectioned (reserve juice for dressing)
- 1/2 red onion, slivered
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- To prepare dressing, place all ingredients except oil in bowl of food processor. Process while adding oil 1 tablespoon at a time. Makes 2/3 cup.
- To prepare salad, place butter lettuce leaves onto salad plate. Compose salad with avocado, grapefruit and onion. Top with toasted walnuts. Drizzle with dressing and serve.
Recipe by Nancy Vienneau.