Royal Hawaiian Tiramisu
- Yield 12 servings
- Prep 25 mins
- Cook 0 mins
Layers of sweetened bread and whipped cream, all flavored with coffee and amaretto.
- 3/4 cup cold espresso or strong coffee
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur
- 1 -- (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 -- (3/4-ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate bar, finely chopped
- 1 -- (16-ounce) loaf King's Hawaiian Sweet Bread
- 1-1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
Blend espresso with coffee liqueur. Set aside.
Beat cream cheese with electric mixer until smooth. On low speed, slowly add pudding mix, half-and-half and amaretto. Beat 1 minute until blended. Set aside.
Trim off 1 inch of bread dome to make level. Cutting horizontally, slice remaining loaf into 3 equal layers.
To assemble cake, place the top slice into the bottom of an 8- or 9-inch springform pan.
Drizzle 1/3 of espresso mixture evenly over first layer.
Top with 1/3 of pudding mixture and then 1/4 of chocolate.
Repeat layering with remaining 2 bread slices.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. When ready to serve, remove rim from pan.
Whip cream with powdered sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Spread over top and sides. Garnish top with almonds and remaining chocolate. Serve immediately.