Cheesy Chicken in Puff Pastry
- Yield servings
- 1 sheet of puff pastry dough
- 1 -- egg
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 1/4 cups of rotisserie chicken, skinned, boned and chopped
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and thoroughly drained
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- 2 large cloves garlic pressed
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Thaw one pastry sheet at room temperature for 30 minutes. Mix egg and water. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit a 10" x 15" baking sheet.
In a large bowl mix together the chicken, spinach and Tabasco sauce. Add ricotta, parmesan, mozzarella, garlic, basil and pepper and thoroughly blend.
Unfold thawed pastry sheet on to wax paper that's been lightly dusted with flour. Roll pastry sheet out to a 12" x 10" sheet. Spoon the chicken mixture down the center of the pastry sheet and smooth into a loaf shape. Brush the two flaps of the pastry sheet with the egg wash. Fold both flaps over to the middle of the chicken loaf and seal. Brush the edges of the loaf with the egg wash and pinch together. Turn the wax paper on to the parchment-lined baking sheet so the seal side is down. Brush the top of the loaf with the egg wash and make 5 or 6 slashes in the top of the pastry to allow steam to escape. Bake for 30 minutes or until oaf is a rich golden brown. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before cutting.
Prep time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes