Cheesy Chicken in Puff Pastry
- Yield: servings
- 1sheet of puff pastry dough
- 1-- egg
- 2teaspoons water
- 2 1/4cups of rotisserie chicken, skinned, boned and chopped
- 1package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and thoroughly drained
- 1teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1cup ricotta cheese
- 1cup parmesan cheese grated
- 3/4cup mozzarella cheese grated
- 2large cloves garlic pressed
- 2tablespoons fresh basil finely chopped
- 1/4teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Thaw one pastry sheet at room temperature for 30 minutes. Mix egg and water. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit a 10" x 15" baking sheet.
In a large bowl mix together the chicken, spinach and Tabasco sauce. Add ricotta, parmesan, mozzarella, garlic, basil and pepper and thoroughly blend.
Unfold thawed pastry sheet on to wax paper that's been lightly dusted with flour. Roll pastry sheet out to a 12" x 10" sheet. Spoon the chicken mixture down the center of the pastry sheet and smooth into a loaf shape. Brush the two flaps of the pastry sheet with the egg wash. Fold both flaps over to the middle of the chicken loaf and seal. Brush the edges of the loaf with the egg wash and pinch together. Turn the wax paper on to the parchment-lined baking sheet so the seal side is down. Brush the top of the loaf with the egg wash and make 5 or 6 slashes in the top of the pastry to allow steam to escape. Bake for 30 minutes or until oaf is a rich golden brown. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before cutting.
Prep time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes