Rotisserie Chicken Paprikash
- Yield: 4 servings
- Cook: 30 mins
Serve this easy yummy dish over noodles to get every bit of the luscious sauce.
- 1tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2medium red bell peppers, cored, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1tablespoon smoked sweet paprika
- 1/4teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2cup dry white wine
- 1cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/2cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (2-pound) rotisserie chicken
- 1/2teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4cup sour cream
- 2tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4teaspoon sugar
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add oil, peppers and onions; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 8 minutes. Add garlic, paprika and cayenne; sauté until just fragrant, about 1 minute. Add wine and cook, stirring, until nearly evaporated, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and broth and bring to a simmer. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 3 minutes.
- Remove skin from chicken and pull meat in large pieces. Add chicken to pan. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until thoroughly warmed, about 3 minutes.
- Whisk flour into sour cream in a small dish. Slowly add to sauce and simmer 3 minutes more (do not boil). Stir in dill, lemon juice and sugar and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
—Recipe by Laraine Perri for Relish.com, May 2011.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 420
- Fat 25g
- Cholesterol 131mg
- Sodium 1302mg
- Carbohydrate 19
- Fiber 4g
- Protein 30g