Rotisserie Chicken Paprikash
- Yield 4 servings
- Cook 30 mins
Enlivened with sweet peppers, smoked paprika, and cayenne, enriched with sour cream, and enabled with a chicken somebody else cooked.
Serve this easy yummy dish over noodles to get every bit of the luscious sauce.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium red bell peppers, cored, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon smoked sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (2-pound) rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add oil, peppers and onions; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 8 minutes. Add garlic, paprika and cayenne; sauté until just fragrant, about 1 minute. Add wine and cook, stirring, until nearly evaporated, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and broth and bring to a simmer. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 3 minutes.
- Remove skin from chicken and pull meat in large pieces. Add chicken to pan. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until thoroughly warmed, about 3 minutes.
- Whisk flour into sour cream in a small dish. Slowly add to sauce and simmer 3 minutes more (do not boil). Stir in dill, lemon juice and sugar and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
—Recipe by Laraine Perri for Relish.com, May 2011.