Rotini Pork Salad with Fresh Basil
- Yield 6 servings
This pork salad makes a great luncheon meal or even for part of an office potluck.
- 1 pound cooked pork loin roast, cut into 3/4-inch cubes (about 4 cups)
- 6 ounces dry spiral-shaped pasta (1 cup)
- 3/4 cup onions, diced
- 1 1/2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 -- green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated (3 ounces)
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, diced, (3 ounces)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 2 -- garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- For Vinaigrette: Stir together cornstarch and 1/4 cup water; blend thoroughly. In small saucepan, bring remaining 3/4 cup water to boil; stir in cornstarch slurry; cook and stir to thicken. Remove from heat, cool completely and stir in remaining Vinaigrette ingredients. Store in refrigerator if made ahead.
- In large shallow serving bowl, toss together all salad ingredients. Dress salad with Vinaigrette and serve immediately.