Rosemary Parmesan Twists
- Yield 12 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 10 mins
Frozen puff pastry sheets are the start of so many wonderful appetizers -- like this herb- and cheese-flavored tidbit.
Puff pastry is a magic ingredient for busy cooks: it’s elegant, delicious and deceptively easy to work with.
- 1 sheet (from 17.25-ounce package) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary (or 1 tablespoon dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll puff pastry into a 10-by-14-inch rectangle. Whisk egg and water together and brush on pastry. Sprinkle with Parmesan, rosemary and pepper, pressing lightly into pastry with your fingers.
- Cut pastry into 24 strips, each slightly more than 1/2-inch wide. Twist each strip and place on baking sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until golden. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe by Gretchen Roberts.