Rosemary Grilled Scallops and Shrimp
- Yield: 30 appetizers servings
- 1 1/2pounds sea scallops
- 30large rosemary sprigs
- 6ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2pounds medium to large uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse the scallops in water to remove the grit and sand.
- Remove the leaves from the bottom 2 inches of the rosemary sprigs, reserving the leaves and sprigs.
- Cut the prosciutto into 1×3-inch strips. Wrap a prosciutto strip around each scallop and each shrimp.
- Skewer a reserved rosemary sprig through 1 scallop and 1 shrimp. Repeat with the remaining rosemary sprigs, scallops and shrimp.
- Arrange each skewer in a shallow glass dish and drizzle with the olive oil and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle with the reserved rosemary leaves, salt and pepper and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill.
- Place the skewers on a grill rack brushed with oil. Grill for 2 minutes per side or until the shrimp turn pink and the scallops are tender.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Saturday Club, Main Line Entertains (The Saturday Club, 2005)