Rosemary Chicken with Balsamic Tomatoes
- Yield 4 servings
Paula Deen's Rosemary Chicken with Balsamic Tomatoes recipe.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 (5-ounce) thin-sliced chicken cutlets
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the chicken with the rosemary and pepper. Add the cutlets to the skillet and cook until browned, 2-3 minutes on each side. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Add onion and garlic to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat until onion is tender. Add the vinegar and cook, stirring occasionally, until vinegar is almost evaporated. Stir in the tomatoes, broth and salt. Cook, stirring often, until the tomatoes begin to soften and the sauce begins to thicken slightly, about 5 minutes. Stir in basil and orange zest.
- Return chicken and any juices to the skillet and heat through. Place 1 cutlet on each of four plates; top with 1/3 cup tomato mixture.
Recipe by Paula Deen