Rosemary Chicken with Chipotle Alfredo Pasta
- Yield servings
- For the chicken:
- 6 -- boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 3 tablespoons minced Garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- For the alfredo:
- 1 pound linguini noodles, uncooked
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 -- c cream
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 1/4 -- c grated romano cheese
- 3 -- 5 tablespoon smoked chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, pureed
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped italian parsley
Heat olive oil over medium heat and add sliced chicken. Cook for three minutes, stir in garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper. Continue cooking for 5 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and cover.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add noodles, and cook until al dente (7-8 minutes). Drain. While the pasta is cooking, in a medium saucepan, melt the butter into the cream over low heat. Add garlic salt and pepper. Stir in romano cheese and smoked chipotle pepper puree over medium heat. Some of the batches of chipotle peppers are spicier than others, so you can adjust the amount of pepper puree accordingly. Continue stirring until cheese is melted. Remove from heat.
On a platter, layer noodles and top with cooked chicken. Pour alfredo sauce over the top and garnish with parmesan cheese and parsley. It is really good if you serve it with garlic bread on the side.