- Yield 15 pieces
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 15 mins
- -- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter or shortening
- 1 cup cold buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 425F. Lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and rosemary in a medium bowl.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add buttermilk; stir just until moist. Turn dough out on floured surface and dust top of mixture with flour. Knead lightly 5 times. Roll into a 1-inch-thick round. Cut with 2-inch flour-dusted cutter. Place close together on baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes or until golden.
Recipe by Morgan Jarrett.