Rosemary and Pepper Sausages with New Potatoes
- Yield 4 servings
Use good-quality sausages in this baked one-dish dinner.
- 8 to 12 good quality pork sausages, each pricked once or twice with a fork
- 2 red onions, peeled and cut into eighths
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 1/2 pounds new potatoes, large ones cut into halves
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Put sausaces in a roasting pan along with onion. Sprinkle with pepper flakes and rosemary. Add new potatoes. Season well with salt and pepper, then drizzle with oil. Toss well to coat.
- Place in oven and cook 30 to 40 minutes, turning once or twice, until sausages are golden all over and thoroughly cooked.
Recipe reprinted with permission from DK Publish, a division of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. from Illustrated Quick Cook by Heather Whinney (DK Publishing, 2009). All rights reserved.