Rosemary and Juniper Crusted Lamb Chops
- Yield: 4 servings
Prepare the Vegetable Puree and the Gjetost Sauce (see links below) prior to the lamb chops. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- 8small lamb chops
- 3tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 whole dried, juniper berries
- 2teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 1/2teaspoons kosher salt
- Flat leaf parsley or micro greens
- Place the spices, along with the salt in a mortar and pestle and crush them until no large pieces remain. Rub the lamb chops with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, then sprinkle and massage the spices on to each lamb chop. Set aside.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and heat just until it begins to smoke. Add the lamb chops to the pan making sure not to crowd them. Work in batches if necessary. Sear the meat for 3-4 minutes, then turn and repeat on the other side. Remove from the heat and let the lamb chops sit for five minutes. Place a small amount of the vegetable puree on each plate, place 2 lamb chops on top, then drizzle the Gjetost sauce on top. Garnish with flat leaf parsley or micro greens.
For more from Maria, visit her at Pink Patisserie.