- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 0 mins
Gussy up guacamole with pungent blue cheese, spicy peppers and creamy sour cream for an unforgettable party dip.
This recipe is adapted from Nigella Express, by British food writer Nigella Lawson. We found the combination of two rich ingredients--avocado and blue cheese--to be a marriage made in heaven.
- 1 cup crumbled Roquefort or St Agur blue cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup sliced pickled jalapeño peppers
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- Blue corn tortilla chips, optional
- Crumble or mash the cheese. Stir in sour cream. Add avocados. Mash with a fork.
- Roughly chop jalapeños. Add to avocado mixture. Stir in green onions and lime juice.
- Arrange in the center of a plate or dish and surround with tortilla chips.
Recipe adapted with permission from Nigella Express by Nigella Lawson (Hyperion, 2007).