Ron Burgundy Scotch Cocktail
- 2cups brown sugar
- 2fluid ounces Scotch (i.e. Famous Grouse)
- 1/2fluid ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/2fluid ounce fresh grapefruit juice
- 2 dashes peach bitters
- 2 dashes angostura bitters
- Orange or lemon peel, for garnish
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat brown sugar and 1 cup water. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a shaker with ice, combine Scotch, lemon and grapefruit juices, 1/2 oz. brown sugar simple syrup, and bitters. Shake vigorously and strain into a short glass with large ice. Garnish with an orange peel. (Leftover brown sugar syrup can be stored in a jar to use in future cocktails.)
This post originally appeared as The Ultimate Ron Burgundy Scotchy Scotch Scotch Cocktail on PEOPLE’s Great Ideas Channel.