Romano and Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Yield: 10 servings
- 1/2cup olive oil
- 15 garlic cloves, peeled
- 10medium baking potatoes, peeled
- 1gallon cold water
- 1cup milk
- 1/2cup butter
- 1/2cup Wisconsin Romano cheese, grated, plus additional for garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place olive oil and garlic cloves in a small pan and simmer slowly until garlic is browned. Puree garlic and oil in blender and reserve.
- Cut potatoes into medium-sized chunks. Place in cold water. Bring to a boil. Cook until potatoes are just tender. Drain potatoes and return to pot. Add all remaining ingredients, including olive oil/garlic puree, and hand mash until smooth. To serve, place a large spoonful in a bowl. Garnish with grated Romano cheese and chopped parsley.