- Yield: 6 servings
- 1/2cup oil
- 2tablespoons sugar
- 2tablespoons pasley
- 1teaspoon salt
- 4tablespoons vinegar
- dash pepper
- 1/4cup sliced almonds
- 1 1/2tablespoons sugar
- 1/2head leaf lettuce, torn
- 1/2head Romaine lettuce, torn
- 1/2cup chopped celery
- 4-- green onions, sliced
- 1-- (11-ounce) can Mandarin oranges, drained
- Cook and stir almonds and sugar in skillet over low heat until sugar is melted and nuts coated and browned. Cool and set aside.
- Combine both lettuces, celery, and onions. Refrigerate covered.
- When ready to serve, pour dressing over lettuce mixture and oranges. Sprinkle nuts over top just before serving.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Owensboro’s To Market, To Market, Home Again, Home Again (Owensboro, Kentucky, 1984).