- Yield 6 servings
You will love the sweet mandarin oranges and crunchy almonds that star in this delicious salad.
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons pasley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- dash pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 head leaf lettuce, torn
- 1/2 head Romaine lettuce, torn
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 4 -- green onions, sliced
- 1 -- (11-ounce) can Mandarin oranges, drained
- Cook and stir almonds and sugar in skillet over low heat until sugar is melted and nuts coated and browned. Cool and set aside.
- Combine both lettuces, celery, and onions. Refrigerate covered.
- When ready to serve, pour dressing over lettuce mixture and oranges. Sprinkle nuts over top just before serving.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Owensboro’s To Market, To Market, Home Again, Home Again (Owensboro, Kentucky, 1984).