- Yield servings
- 1 1/2 -- lbs chicken tenders or strips
- 1/2 -- C flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt & pepper
- 1/2 -- lb thin or angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 -- med onion pealed, cut in half then sliced
- 4 -- gloves fresh garlic chopped
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushroom
- 1/2 teaspoon course salt & course pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 -- C white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 -- 14 ounce can quartered artichoke hearts drained
- 4 ounces of jarred pitted Calamata olives drained
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 -- 8 fresh basil leaves sliced into strips
- 1/2 -- C fresh grated Parmesan cheese
Heat large deep skillet over Med/High heat. Add 1/4 cup of olive oil when skillet is hot.
Mix flour with salt & pepper in large zip lock plastic bag. Place chicken pieces in bag and shake until well coated. Place chicken in hot oil in skillet, reduce heat to Medium and cook about 4-5 minute each side, until golden brown. Removed chicken from pan and set aside.
In same skillet on Medium heat, add tomatoes, onions, garlic and mushrooms. Add salt & pepper and mix well. Cover and cook until tomatoes start to crack. Gently press on tomatoes with spatula or spoon to slightly break up. Stir in tomato paste. Add wine and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Stir in artichoke hearts, olives, thyme, oregano and basil. Place chicken back into skillet and mix together well. Reduce heat to Medium/Low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
To prepare pasta:
Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil. Add dash of salt to boiling water and add pasta. Cook according to package directions. Drain, but do not rinse. Place cook pasta into skillet and toss with chicken mixture. Pour on serving platter and top with Parmesan cheese.