Roasted Winter Vegetables
- Yield 4 servings
Try these super low-fat vegetables as a side dish or serve them over basmati rice or on noodles for an entree.
- 3 medium carrots, peeled, sliced on the bias, 1/2-inch thick
- 3 medium parsnips, peeled, sliced on the bias, 1/2-inch thick
- 3 medium turnips or 1/2 medium rutabaga, diced
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, bottoms trimmed, outer leaves removed
- 1 tablespoon pure olive oil
- 4 -- garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375F. Bring a large pot of water to boil over high heat. Add carrots, parsnips and turnips or rutabagas; cook 1 minute; remove vegetables from water and place in a large nonreactive mixing bowl.
- Add Brussels sprouts to boiling water and cook 1 minute; drain. Add to other vegetables with all remaining ingredients and combine well.
- Place vegetables on a baking sheet with sides sprayed with no-stick cooking spray and roast, uncovered, about 20 minutes or until golden brown and tender.