Roasted Turkey Stock
- Yield: servings
The stock can be refrigerated for up to a week or frozen for later use in soups, stews, risottos and any other dish that calls for broth or stock.
- 3pounds turkey carcass and parts, such as neck and wings
- 1pound onions, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1/2pound carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1/2pint celery stalks with leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 leek, coarsely chopped
- Bouquet Garni:
- 3 sprigs fresh parsley
- 1 sprig each sage, rosemary and thyme
- 1/2tablespoon black or green peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- In a large stock pot place turkey bones, turkey parts, onion, carrot, celery and leek. Add 3 quarts of water or just enough to cover bones.
- Rinse a piece of cheese cloth in warm water. Wrap Bouquet Garni ingredients in cheese cloth; close ends with a knot or fasten with butcher’s string. Add to stock pot
- Over high heat bring stock to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer 3 to 4 hours; skimming off any foam that rises to the surface.
- Strain stock and cool over ice bath, stirring occasionally.
—By Amelia Posada Erika Nakamura, co-owners of Lindy & Grundy Meats