Roasted Turkey Breast
- Yield 12 servings
The herbs and garlic season this turkey breast while the orange and onion infuse it with flavor.
- 1 (3-pound) turkey breast
- 4 garlic cloves, cut into pieces
- 1 small orange, cut in half
- 1 small onion, peeled and cut in half
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth
- Preheat oven 375F.
- Rinse turkey breast, pat dry and place in baking pan. With a knife, make slits throughout the turkey and stuff each slit with garlic slivers. Stuff the orange and onion in the turkey cavity.
- Sprinkle garlic powder, thyme, oregano, and salt and pepper over turkey.
- Add broth to pan and bake about 1 hour 30 minutes, until the internal temperature is 170 in thickest part of breast. If turkey breast starts to brown too quickly, cover loosely with foil and add a little more water if necessary. Remove orange, onion, and skin before serving.