Roasted Turkey Breast
- Yield 12 servings
The herbs and garlic season this turkey breast while the orange and onion infuse it with flavor.
- 1 (3-pound) turkey breast
- 4 garlic cloves, cut into pieces
- 1 small orange, cut in half
- 1 small onion, peeled and cut in half
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth
- Preheat oven 375F.
- Rinse turkey breast and pat dry before moving it to the baking pan. Create small cuts across the breast and insert garlic pieces. Stuff the cavity with orange and onion.
- Rub garlic powder, thyme, oregano, and salt and pepper over turkey.
- Pour broth into pan and bake about 1 hour 30 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 170F.
- If turkey gets too crispy before cooked through, add a little water to the pan and loosely cover with foil. Make sure to remove orange and onions from the cavity before serving.