Roasted Tomatoes and Parmesan Grits
- Yield: 8 servings
- 3cups chicken broth
- 2cups heavy cream
- 1cup quick grits
- 2cups grape tomatoes
- 1 1/2teaspoons olive oil
- 1tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- -- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F.
- Bring the chicken broth and heavy cream to a simmer in a large heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, about 5 minutes.
- Add the grits. Stirring often, cook for 20 minutes, until the grits are no longer crunchy.
- While the grits are cooking, cut the tomatoes in half and place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Toss the tomatoes in olive oil and arrange in a single layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Add the balsamic vinegar and toss.
- Remove the grits from the heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- Serve the tomatoes over the grits.
- Sprinkle with the pepper before serving.