Roasted Sweet Potato and Quinoa Soup
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 15 minutes
- Cook 50 minutes
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1/2 large sweet onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 900 milliliters chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup panko crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Peel and large dice sweet potato. Place sweet potato on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with 2 Tbsp. olive oil and sea salt. Roast in the oven for 20 min.
- In a large pot saute onion and carrot until tender. Add potato to the onion mixture and add the chicken stock. Simmer for 20-30 min. until all vegetables are completely tender.
- With a hand blender or standup blender mix until pureed. Adjust seasoning. Add quinoa and reheat.
- For the panko topping, melt the butter in a small fry pan and add the panko and cook until lightly browned. Add the parmesan and stir to combine.
- Top each bowl of soup with the panko crumbs and garnish with the parsley.
Recipe courtesy of Tara Noland, a nurse turned family cooking blogger who enjoys developing easy, fast and healthy meals to serve the family. Find more family friendly recipes at http://noshingwiththenolands.com.