Roasted Spring Asparagus
- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 20 mins
The tasty and simple asparagus dish below goes well with chicken, lamb or fish.
- 1 pound thin asparagus spears
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons truffle oil (optional)
- Clean and trim the asparagus (Peel the ends if spears are thick.). Drizzle a roasting pan with the olive oil and lay asparagus evenly in pan. Turn to coat. Season asparagus with freshly ground salt and pepper.
- Roast at 425F for approximately 20 minutes, or until the stalks are tender, yet crisp. Remove from pan and transfer to a serving dish. Drizzle with the truffle oil, if using. Serve warm or at room temperature.