Roasted Spiced Cauliflower with Almonds
- Yield 6 servings
- 3/4 teaspoon whole cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon whole coriander seed
- 1/2 teaspoon whole brown mustard seed
- 1 large cauliflower, trimmed and cut into 1-inch florets
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus additional to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Using the flat of a knife or a mortar and pestle, lightly crush the cumin, coriander, and mustard.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the cauliflower with the oil, salt, pepper, and spice mixture, then spread out into an even layer. Roast for 15 minutes, then stir the cauliflower and cook for 10 more minutes. Sprinkle on the almonds, stir again, and cook for an additional 5 minutes, until browned and softened. Serve hot, warm, or cold.
From In the Kitchen with a Good Appetite by Melissa Clark. Copyright ©2010. Published by Hyperion. All Rights Reserved. Available wherever books are sold.