Roasted Rosemary New Potatoes
- Yield 6 to 8 servings
These yummy potatoes make a delicious side dish to any meat entree.
- 5 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 -- garlic cloves, finely minced
- -- Sea salt, to taste
- -- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 pound red new potatoes, quartered
- 1 pound white new potatoes, quartered
- Hold each rosemary sprig upright. Remove the leaves by running each sprig between the thumb and index finger from top to bottom. Chop the rosemary leaves. Combine the rosemary leaves and olive oil in a bowl and mix well. Add the garlic, salt and pepper and mix well. Add the potatoes and mix gently to coat. Place the potatoes in a nonstick baking dish, using a slotted spoon. Roast, covered with foil, at 375F for 45 minutes.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Tyler Texas, Inc. Ring Around the Rosie, A Collection of Children’s Recipes (Tyler, Tx., 2007).