Roasted Red Pepper Tahini
- Yield 12 servings
Jarred roasted red peppers star in this smoky sauce.
Tahini is sesame seed paste that can be found in the condiment section of most supermarkets and natural food stores. Experiment with it to flavor other recipes.
- 2 tablespoons sesame tahini
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (7-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained well
- 6 leaves fresh basil, torn into pieces
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt, to taste
- Place all ingredients in a food processor fitted with the metal blade and process until smooth. Chill 20 minutes before serving. Makes 1 1/2 cups.