Roasted Red Pepper Spread
- Yield 11/2 cups
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 0 mins
This tangy dip is perfect with a malty whole-grain bread or as a spread for turkey sandwiches!
The recipe is easily doubled and can be made ahead and refrigerated.
- 1/2 cup jarred roasted red peppers (or 3 fresh roasted red peppers, peeled)
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 (8-ounce) package light cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- In a food processor, combine peppers, garlic, cheese and lemon juice; process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and stir in salt, pepper, parsley and basil. Serve with whole grain bread and tomatoes and cucumbers, if desired.
Adapted from Simple Vegetarian Pleasures by Jeanne Lemlin (HarperCollins, $24).