Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- Yield: servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
Whirl up this delicious sauce perfect for burgers, chicken, pasta and sandwiches. Roast the peppers on foil, then wrap them to steam with the same piece of foil to avoid waste.
- 3-- red bell peppers
- 3-- garlic cloves
- 4-- sun-dried or roasted tomatoes
- 3tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 2teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450F or heat broiler.
- Cut peppers in half; remove seeds. Place cut-side down on foil-lined baking sheet. Flatten with palm of hand. Roast or broil 10 to 15 minutes, until charred and blackened. Remove from oven and immediately wrap peppers in foil.
- Let stand 10 minutes. Unwrap and peel peppers. Place garlic in food processor.
- Pulse until finely chopped. Add peppers and remaining ingredients; purée until smooth.