Roasted Red Pepper and Mushroom Polenta Pizza
- Yield 35 pieces
This no-trouble faulous dish is made with roasted peppers in a jar.
Polenta is made from cornmeal simmered in water. After it is cooled, it is sliced and can be served with a variety of toppings.
- 1 1/3 cups ground cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 (7-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a bowl, combine cornmeal, flour and salt. Combine water and olive oil and mix with cornmeal mixture, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened. Press into bottom of a 13x9x2-inch pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a bowl, mix together basil, Parmesan, ricotta, garlic and mozzarella. Spread over partially baked crust. Top with mushrooms and red peppers. Return to oven and bake for 30 minutes or until crust is set and top is bubbly.