Roasted Red Pepper Dip
- Yield 3 cups
This spicy dip—high in calcium and vitamin C—is a perfect party appetizer served with a vegetable dunkers or toasted pita crisps.
- 1 (10-ounce) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (16-ounce) container reduced fat cottage cheese or silken tofu
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place peppers, oil, cottage cheese and garlic in a food processor or blender. Blend until very smooth. Stir in basil, salt and pepper.
Recipe by Holly Clegg.