Roasted Potatoes with Garlic, Lemon and Oregano
- Yield 6 servings
Try this zesty twist next time you make roasted potatoes.
- 3 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 -- garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- -- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup beef stock or chicken stock
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- Place the potatoes in a single layer in a 9×13-inch baking dish. Pour the olive oil over the potatoes. Add the garlic, dried oregano, salt and pepper and toss to coat. Bake the potatoes at 400F for 15 minutes. Add the stock and mix well. Bake for 10 minutes longer. Stir in the lemon juice. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes longer or until the potatoes are tender. To brown the potatoes, broil for 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle with the fresh oregano and serve immediately.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior Service League of Grand Junction's Celebrate Colorado West of the Rockies (Junior Service League of Grand Junction, Colorado, 2005).