Roasted Pepper and Tomato Salsa
- Yield: 3 cups
- 1 poblano pepper
- 3cups cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 5 to 10 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 2medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, stemmed, seeded and finely diced
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced, green part only
- 1/2teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2teaspoon ground cumin
- Finely grated rind of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 lime
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Place poblano, cherry tomatoes, garlic and corn in a baking pan. Drizzle with olive oil and toss. Bake until pepper and tomatoes have shriveled and softened and garlic and corn have turned light brown, about 35 minutes.
- Transfer vegetables and any juices to a serving bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Makes 3 cups.
Reprinted with permission from Jessica Goldman Foung’s Sodium Girl’s Limitless Low-Sodium (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2013).
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 42
- Fat 1.5g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 7mg
- Carbohydrate 7g
- Protein 1/5