Roasted Idaho Potato Bacon Salad
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 2ounces brown sugar
- 1/5ounce balsamic vinegar, white
- 1 3/4ounces Dijon mustard, country-style
- 12ounces mayonnaise
- 3/4teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2pounds Idaho red potatoes
- 2 1/2ounces canola oil
- 1/4teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2ounces red onions, sauteed in balsamic vinegar
- 2 1/4ounces bacon, cooked, julienned
- 1ounce fresh parsley, fresh, chopped
- To make the dressing: Combine brown sugar and white balsamic dressing. Mix in remaining ingredients and whisk until completely blended. Reserve, refrigerated.
- To makes the salad: Cut potatoes into wedges, then toss potatoes with canola oil, kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Roast potatoes in oven preheated to 385°F with low fan for 20 to 30 minutes, until golden brown in color. Place on cooling rack and allow potatoes to cool before mixing with other ingredients.
- Place roasted potato salad dressing into a separate bowl. Fold in balsamic vinegar and onions, julienned bacon and chopped parsley until fully incorporated. Add potatoes and gently toss to thoroughly mix without breaking potatoes apart.