Roasted Herbed Two Potatoes
- Yield 8 servings
This is a wonderful marriage of sweet potatoes and red potatoes.
- 4 or 5 medium red potatoes
- 3 or 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, or 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon, or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the peeled or unpeeled potatoes into 1-inch pieces. Spread the red potatoes in a 10×15-inch microwave-safe baking dish coated with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Microwave on high for 2 to 3 minutes or bake at 450F for 15 minutes. Add the sweet potatoes to the dish.
- Mix the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil with the parsley, tarragon, red pepper flakes, salt and black pepper in a bowl. Pour over the potatoes, mixing to coat well. Roast at 450F for 45 to 60 minutes or until tender, stirring every 15 to 20 minutes to prevent sticking.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Boca Raton’s Savor the Moment (Junior League of Boca Raton, Fla., 2000)