Roasted Herbed Two Potatoes
- Yield: 8 servings
- 4 or 5medium red potatoes
- 3 or 4medium sweet potatoes
- 1/4cup olive oil
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, or 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon, or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the peeled or unpeeled potatoes into 1-inch pieces. Spread the red potatoes in a 10×15-inch microwave-safe baking dish coated with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Microwave on high for 2 to 3 minutes or bake at 450F for 15 minutes. Add the sweet potatoes to the dish.
- Mix the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil with the parsley, tarragon, red pepper flakes, salt and black pepper in a bowl. Pour over the potatoes, mixing to coat well. Roast at 450F for 45 to 60 minutes or until tender, stirring every 15 to 20 minutes to prevent sticking.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Boca Raton’s Savor the Moment (Junior League of Boca Raton, Fla., 2000)