Roasted Green Beans with Shiitake Mushrooms
- Yield: 2 servings
- 4cups green beans, stem ends removed
- 1 (3-ounce) package fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and discarded, caps sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1tablespoon minced ginger root
- 1tablespoon Asian sesame oil
- 2teaspoons soy sauce or tamari
- 1/4teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/2pound firm tofu, diced into 1-inch cubes
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Bring 1 quart water to a boil over high heat. Boil green beans barely 1 minute. Remove from boiling water and immediately rinse in ice-cold water until beans are chilled.
- Drain beans and place in a large nonreactive mixing bowl. Add mushrooms, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, soy sauce and chili flakes. If you are adding tofu do so now.
- Spread beans, and tofu, if using, out evenly on a nonreactive baking pan and bake 15 minutes, turning occasionally until beans are lightly browned and tender.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 158
- Fat 7g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 322mg
- Carbohydrate 22g
- Fiber 9g
- Protein 5g