Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Yield 6 to 8 servings
Delicious and creamy.
- 4 -- garlic bulbs
- 3 ounces olive oil
- 8 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
- 1 1/2 cups warm milk
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- -- Chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Cut enough of the top from each garlic bulb to expose the cloves. (The side cloves may need to be cut individually to expose them.) Place the whole bulbs in a small roasting pan. Drizzle the olive oil over the garlic. Cover the pan with foil. Roast for 30 to 40 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes. Remove each clove with a paring knife. Place the cloves on a cutting board. Mash the cloves to a paste with the flat side of a knife.
- Combine the potatoes and water to cover in a stockpot over medium heat. Bring to a boil and cook for 20 minutes or until a knife inserted in the potato slides in easily. Do not overcook. Drain in a colander and let cool.
- Combine the potatoes, garlic paste, butter, half of the milk, the salt and pepper and beat with an electric mixer set at low speed. Add the remaining milk and the sour cream and mix well. Do not overmix or beat at high speed. Garnish with parsley.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Greater Fort Lauderdale, Inc., Paradise Servied, South Florida's Culinary Destination (Junior League of Greater Fort Lauderdale, Inc., 2009)