Roasted-Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Yield: 12 servings
- 4pounds red potatoes, boiled until fork-tender and drained, hot
- 4tablespoons salted butter
- 1/2cup heavy cream (or more if potatoes are dry)
- 2 to 3heads garlic, wrapped in foil and roasted in the oven at 350F for 45 minutes until tender
- Salt and pepper
- Whip the potatoes and butter in a large bowl. Add the cream after the butter has melted. You may need a little more or less cream, depending on how wet or dry your potatoes are after draining and whipping them.
- Add the garlic, salt, and pepper, and whip until fluffy.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Chris Chamberlain’s The Southern Foodie: 100 Places to Eat in the South (Thomas Nelson, 2012)