Roasted Five-Spice Nuts
- Yield 12 servings
- Prep 2 mins
- Cook 6 mins
Crunchy, high-protein nut snack is also super-quick.
These nuts are dangerous, but not in a bad way, I promise. Before you know it, the whole bowl will be empty with only little crumbs of sugar and spice left at the bottom. The great thing about this recipe is it takes no more than 10 minutes to whip up, so you can put another warm bowl of Roasted Five-Spice Nuts out within minutes.
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons five-spice powder
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the nuts, oil, sugar, and five-spice powder together in a bowl. Transfer the nuts to the baking sheet and spread in a single layer. Bake for 6 to 7 minutes or until the nuts become fragrant.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe from Quick and Easy Vegan Celebrations: Over 150 Great-Tasting Recipes—Plus Festive Menus—for Vegantastic Holidays and Get-Togethers All Through the Year, copyright © Alicia C. Simpson, 2010. Reprinted by permission of the publisher, The Experiment, LLC.