Mark Boughton Photography / styling by Teresa Blackburn
- 1tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2pounds fingerling potatoes or small red-skinned potatoes, cut diagonally into halves
- 1/4cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2tablespoons minced fresh thyme leaves (or 1 tsp dried thyme leaves)
- 1/2teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4teaspoon fresh nutmeg
- 1cup shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 425F. Grease a 15 x 10-inch baking pan with oil.
- Combine potatoes, cream, thyme, salt, pepper and nutmeg in a large bowl. With a slotted spoon, transfer potatoes to a pan, spreading them in a single layer. Reserve cream mixture. Bake about 30 minutes, until largest potato is easily pierced with a fork.
- Remove from oven. With a spatula, slide potatoes together. Drizzle with remaining cream mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Return pan to oven on top rack until cheese is melted and begins to brown. Transfer to a platter and serve immediately.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 240
- Fat 12g
- Cholesterol 35mg
- Sodium 250mg
- Carbohydrate 24g
- Fiber 3g
- Protein 9g