Chicken and Fingerling Potatoes in Gorgonzola Cream
- Yield: 4 servings
- 8-- chicken tenders
- 8-- fingerling potatoes
- 1tablespoon fennel seed
- 1clove garlic cut in half
- 2tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 5tablespoons olive oil
- 1cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2pint heavy cream
- 1/2cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 2-- tablesppons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1large shallot finely chopped
- 2large eggs
- 1package chopped spinach with liquid squeezed out
- 1tablespoon butter
- 16-- grape tomatoes halved
- Boil fingerling potatoes on medium heat for 10 minutes. Drain and cut in half vertically. In a small roasting pan, combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon fennel seed, chopped shallot, one half teaspoon kosher salt, 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar. Add potatoes to roasting pan and turn to coat each side. bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine heavy cream, gorgonzola cheese and garlic and simmer for 12 minutes. Remove garlic.
- Beat eggs with one half teaspoon salt and pepper, dip each chicken tender in egg, then coat with seasoned bread crumbs. Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook chicken tenders until golden brown.
- Combine spinach, butter, one half teaspoon salt and heat in a small pan until hot. Place spinach on a serving platter. Place potatoes over spinach. Pour half of cream and gorgonzola mixture over the potatoes. Arrange chicken tenders on top of potatoes. Pour remaining cream and gorgonzola over chicken. Garnish with grape tomatoes and parsley. Makes 4 servings.