Chicken and Fingerling Potatoes in Gorgonzola Cream
- Yield 4 servings
Golden fried chicken tenders are served on a bed of spinach and topped with a creamy cheese sauce.
- 8 -- chicken tenders
- 8 -- fingerling potatoes
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed
- 1 clove garlic cut in half
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 pint heavy cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 2 -- tablesppons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large shallot finely chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 package chopped spinach with liquid squeezed out
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 16 -- grape tomatoes halved
- Boil fingerling potatoes on medium heat for 10 minutes. Drain and cut in half vertically. In a small roasting pan, combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon fennel seed, chopped shallot, one half teaspoon kosher salt, 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar. Add potatoes to roasting pan and turn to coat each side. bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine heavy cream, gorgonzola cheese and garlic and simmer for 12 minutes. Remove garlic.
- Beat eggs with one half teaspoon salt and pepper, dip each chicken tender in egg, then coat with seasoned bread crumbs. Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook chicken tenders until golden brown.
- Combine spinach, butter, one half teaspoon salt and heat in a small pan until hot. Place spinach on a serving platter. Place potatoes over spinach. Pour half of cream and gorgonzola mixture over the potatoes. Arrange chicken tenders on top of potatoes. Pour remaining cream and gorgonzola over chicken. Garnish with grape tomatoes and parsley. Makes 4 servings.