- Yield: servings
- 2-- Egg Plants (Equal in size)
- 1pound Ground Chicken
- 1-- 9 ounce Chorizo Sausage in 1 piece (remove outer casing)( chopped into small chunks)
- 2cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1tablespoon Cumin
- 1cup Chick Peas
- 1/2cup Fresh Tomato (finely chopped)
- 1/4cup Onion (finely chopped)
- 1teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2cup Fresh Cilantro (chopped)
- 3tablespoons Sherry Vinegar
- 1/2cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- -- Extra Ingredients Needed: Olive Oil, Salt, Pepper
- 1-- Baguette (slice thin and diagonally)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash and dry eggplants. Cut each eggplant in half and make two slits in the outer skins. Coat both sides of eggplant with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast in oven for 25-30 minutes cut side down until eggplant is very tender.
Meanwhile in a medium skillet heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and add the ground chicken. To the chicken add a pinch of salt & pepper, and 1 Tablespoon cumin. Brown chicken completely. In another skillet heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and add 1/4 cup onion, 2 Tablespoons garlic, chorizo chunks, 1 teaspoon cayenne, and saute until onions are translucent. Next, mix in the chickpeas. Just before plating add the freshly chopped cilantro.
Combine the ingredients from both skillets. Keep mixture warm until ready to plate.
Drizzle sliced baguette with olive oil and put into oven for about 3-4 minutes, until bread is crispy.
Remove eggplants from oven. First, put the four eggplants on a platter. Divide chicken mixture into four equal portions and top onto the four egg plant boats. Top with the 1/2 cup fresh chopped tomatoes. Drizzle entire dish with 3 Tablespoons sherry vinegar and parmesan cheese. Surround the boats with the toasted baguette slices.
Garnish plate with fresh cilantro bunches.