Roasted Corn Salsa
- Yield: 2 cups
- 3 ears sweet corn, in the husk
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo, minced
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450˚F.
- Soak corn for 20 minutes in a bowl of water. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and pour 1 cup of water over it. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes. When corn is cool enough to touch, remove husks and silks and cut kernels off the the cobs into a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir gently to mix. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days. Makes about 2 cups.
Recipe from Fresh Every Day: More Great Recipes From Foster’s Market by Sara Foster with Carolynn Carreno, C 2005. Used by permission of Clarkson Potter Publishers