Roasted Cinnamon Honey Chickpeas
- Yield: 2 cups
- 1can 15-ounce garbanzo beans
- 1/2teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 1tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place the beans between two paper towels and pat dry, loosening the outer skin of the beans.
- Remove the outer skins of the beans and pat dry to remove any other excess liquid (removing the outer skin of the beans takes a few minutes, but it’s a great job for getting kids involved).
- Whisk the cinnamon and oil in a bowl to combine, add the beans stirring to coat and place on a baking sheet.
- Roast for 40 minutes.
- Remove the beans from the oven, place in a bowl and toss with 1 tbsp of honey.
- Place the beans back into the oven and roast an additional 7 minutes.
- Cool completely and serve.
* Store in a covered container on your counter for up to 2 weeks.
Source: At Weelicious.com, Catherine McCord focuses on quick, easy, nutritious recipes that are made using fresh, but minimal ingredients. The recipes appeal to a range of ages –from infants starting on solid foods to school-age kids and adults –and are meant for parents to use as an inspirational feeding guide for their own families. Catherine encourages parents to be honest — no sneaking veggies! — and include kids in the cooking process by giving them age-appropriate “jobs.”