Roasted Chicken Waffles with Avocado, Cheddar and Salsa
- Yield 2 servings
- 2 servings of waffle batter (reduce sugar by half)
- 1 cup roasted chicken diced into small pieces
- A ripe avocado
- 1 cup shredded sharp white cheddar
- 1 1/2 cups finely diced tomato
- 1/4 cup spanish finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup cilantro finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Toss vegetables in a bowl with cilantro, salt, cayenne, orange juice and lemon juice. Can be refrigerated up to one week.
- Coat waffle maker with cooking spray. Evenly distribute 1/2 cup of chicken on top of batter and close maker. Follow waffle makers instruction on cooking.
- When waffle is ready, remove from maker and sprinkle 1/2 of cheddar on half of waffle. Cut avocado in half, remove pit and cut flesh into 10 slices. Place five slices of avocado on top of the cheddar. Finally add 1/3-1/2 cup of salsa. Fold waffle in half and serve. Repeat for second waffle.
—Recipe by Daniel Richardson of Waffle and Wolf