Roasted Chicken Tostadas
- Yield 6 servings
- Creamy Chipotle Citrus Dressing:
- 3/4 cup good quality mayonnaise (can also use reduced fat mayonnaise)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons blood orange vinegar (like Cuisine Perel brand), or substitute rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 -- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, seeded, if desired (depending on preference)
- 1/4 cup lemon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Roasted Chicken Slaw:
- 6 cups shredded roasted chicken (from one large rotisserie chicken, with skin removed)
- 3 cups thinly sliced and roughly chopped savoy cabbage (1/2 pound)
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup peeled, shredded jicama thoroughly rinsed in a colander and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup peeled, shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 6 -- 6 inch white or wheat flour tortillas
- 2 -- Haas avocados, halved, pitted, peeled and cut in 18 slices
- 1/2 cup chopped honey roasted cashews
- 6 -- lime wedges
- -- Cilantro sprigs, for garnish
To make Creamy Chipotle-Citrus Dressing, add mayonnaise, lime juice, vinegar, mustard, honey and chipotle chili to bowl of food processor and process until smooth. Add olive oil slowly in a thin stream and process until creamy. Transfer mayonnaise mixture to a small bowl and stir in zests, pepper and salt. Set aside briefly in refrigerator.
To make Roasted Chicken Slaw, in a large bowl, mix together chicken, cabbages, jicama, carrot, onion, and half of the cilantro. Evenly stir in dressing and set aside.
To make the tostadas, heat a large, nonstick saute pan over medium heat. Add a tortilla and cook for 2 – 3 minutes per side until lightly browned and crisp on both sides. Remove from pan, keep warm and repeat with remaining tortillas.
To serve, for each tostada, place a crisped tortilla on a plate. Evenly mound Roasted Chicken Slaw on tortillas and top with 3 avocado slices. Sprinkle evenly with toasted cashews and remaining chopped cilantro. Place a lime wedge on the side of each tostada and garnish with cilantro sprigs.