Roasted Chicken Salad with Basil
- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 0 mins
Summer vegetables -- green beans and corn -- turn roast chicken into a one-dish supper.
A purchased rotisserie chicken makes this salad a snap. Cook the corn and beans until just crisp-tender.
- 1 (2 1/2 to 3-pound) cooked rotisserie chicken
- 1 3/4 cups cooked green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 3/4 cups cooked corn kernels (about 3 ears)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon frehsly ground black pepper
- Remove skin from chicken, discard. Remove meat from bones and chop. You should have about 4 cups of meat.
- Toss chicken, beans, corn, bell pepper, basil and pine nuts in a large bowl.
- Whisk garlic, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a bowl; pour over salad, tossing gently.
Recipe by Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough.