Roasted Carrots with Cumin and Raisins
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 5 minutes
- Cook 20 minutes
A hint of smokiness and sweetness comes through in these oven-roasted carrots.
Carrots roasted with garlic, brown sugar and spice; topped with raisins, lemon juice and cilantro; makes this recipe tasty, flavorful, as well as lovely to serve.
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup California dark raisins
- 1/4 cup California golden raisins
- 1 medium lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Slice carrots diagonally into 1-inch slices.
- In a 2 1/2 quart shallow baking dish, combine olive oil, garlic, sugar, cumin, cinnamon, salt and carrots.
- Roast 20 minutes or until fork-tender. Remove from oven, stir in the raisins, lemon juice and cilantro. Toss well.