Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Chestnuts
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 38 mins
Brussels sprouts get a nutty partner for a holiday-worthy side dish.
Sweet chestnuts and earthy Brussels sprouts are tossed with a splash of olive oil and soy sauce and baked effortlessly in the oven. A perfect complement with roast turkey.
- 1 pound chestnuts (2 1/2 cups shelled)
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut into halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces chopped ham
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Toss chestnuts, Brussels sprouts and olive oil together and spread on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast 20 to 30 minutes.
- Add ham and soy sauce. Bake 10 minutes.
Note: To shell chestnuts, cut in half. Place in water and bring to a boil. Boil 8 to 10 minutes. Drain. Plunge in ice water. Remove shells.