Roasted Broccoli, Red Pepper and Onion
- Yield: 4 servings
- 6cups bite-size broccoli florets with short stems
- 1medium red bell pepper, cut vertically into 1/2-inch strips
- 1medium red onion, sliced vertically into 1/4-inch slices (about 1 cup)
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 1/4teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1tablespoon lemon juice
- Heat oven to 425F.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, red pepper, onion and garlic. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Drizzle oil over top and mix with a large spoon.
- Transfer vegetables shallow baking pan and bake 20 minutes, mixing once, until broccoli is browned in spots and tender. Return vegetables to bowl; add lemon juice and mix gently.
—Recipe by Jean Kressy
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 162
- Fat 11g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 340mg
- Carbohydrate 15g
- Fiber 5g
- Protein 5g